At a glance:
- Admin is @Cedar.
- Our main language is English, as that is what the admin speaks with reliable fluency. Feel free to join if you speak otherwise, but official communications will need to be in English.
- This instance is run on a Shared Hosting plan on masto.host.
- This instance uses Mutant Standard emoji, which are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Our moderation policies adhere to the following rules:
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Excessive or obtrusive advertising.
- Untagged nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content. Artistic depictions are exempt. When in doubt, put it under a CW/tag it.
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions or 'cartoony' styled gore/violence.
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism.
- Sexism or advocation of sexism.
- Homophobia or advocation of homophobia.
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof.
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism.
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of anyone under the age of 18.
- Content illegal in Germany and/or France, such as holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism.
- Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism, Nazi-ism, White Power, white supremacy, MAGA, skinheads, or any groups adjacent/supporting that set of ideaology.
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
- This behavior will go into moderator review, and may or may not be grounds for account suspension depending on context, those involved, etc.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law. You will be contacted by an administrator either before or after revocation, depending on if the issue is time-sensitive.
These rules were adapted from the ones on mastodon.social.
Last update: 05/05/2018. Any updates will be mentioned both before and after the changes are made on the admin's account.